- TRAIN THE ENTIRE CHAIN: the body is only as strong as its weakest link
- MINIMIZE ENERGY LEAKS/LOSS: quite often the hips and upper legs are focused on more than the lower leg in training, so the amount of force produced is limited by foot/ankle strength
- BE STRONG IN ALL POSITIONS: sport is chaotic, prepare your body to tolerate and be efficient in any situation by strengthening susceptible positions
- INCREASE LOWER LEG WORK CAPACITY: accumulate high volumes at submaximal intensities in a safe manner, to prepare the tissue for training intensification and further volume increases in future phases
HOW I USE THEM IN GPP
(Block 1: Option D)
· Accumulate 30-60 seconds total of an isometric contraction in each position 1-2x a week
· ½ squat with high or low ankle position
· ¼ squat with high or low ankle position
· Straight leg high ankle position
Now that I have showed all four options for block 1 of my GPP Protocol, over the next week I’ll show the two options for Block 2.
Leave a Reply.
Head Strength & Conditioning Coach at Shakopee High School